If you have signed up for a paid plan project, there is always one "Billing owner" in the project. Payment for the paid plan project would be paid with the credit card that is registered by the "Billing Owner"
This article explains how to become a "Payment Owner" yourself.
It is not possible to make anyone else the "Billing Owner" of a project.
Procedure for changing the payment owner
1. Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Make sure you have "Owner" privileges.
The "Editor" privilege does not allow you to be the "Payment Owner".
3. Click on "Plan & Billing" at the top of the screen, then click on "Billing Info" on the left side of the screen, and open the "Billing Info" page.
4. Click on the "Sign myself as a billing owner" button
5. Enter your country of residence and credit card details.
6. Click on the "Change Billing Owner" button
7. Once the billing owner is changed to you, you're done!