You can add Google reCAPTCHA v3 to forms of your website to protect form submissions from spam and abuse.
For more information about Google reCAPTCHA, please check here.
You can use it on a project-by-project basis.
It will be applied to all STUDIO forms in the project.
※ You cannot specify which forms to apply it to.
If you don't set it up correctly, all forms in the project will not work properly.
You can only use Google reCAPTCHA v3 in STUDIO
※ Google reCAPTCHA v2 is not available in STUDIO
How to set up Google reCAPTCHA v3
1. Get SITE KEY and SECRET KEY in Google reCAPTCHA v3
Login to Google reCAPTCHA Admin Console with your Google account
*You have to register your website before doing this step
Submit the form
Label: Label for your website
reCAPTCHA Type: Select "reCAPTCHA v3"
Domain: Add domains you use in your project.
preview.studio.site (for testing forms in live preview)
domain of your published website (○○○.studio.site, ○○○.com, etc...)
Review the "reCAPTCHA Terms of Service" carefully. Check the box if you accept it and submit the form.
4. Now, you can get a SITE KEY and SECRET KEY
The "reCAPTCHA Terms of Service" states:
3. Setup Google reCAPTCHA v3 on the STUDIO dashboard
1, Go to Home on the Project dashboard
2, Select Apps from the menu on the left
3, Select Google reCAPTCHA v3
4, Then, you can see the modal. Enter the "Site Key", "Secret Key", and "Threshold" and save them.
※ Please check the official site to know about "Threshold"
You can set the value from 0 to 1.0. If you are not sure, try 0.5 for now.
The setup is now complete. it is working properly if the reCAPTCHA logo appears in the lower right corner of the page where the form is located, and you can submit the form.
You will be able to check your traffic in the Google reCAPTCHA Admin Console.
How to disable it
1. In the Google reCAPTCHA v3 Settings modal, leave all three fields "Site key", "Secret key" and "Threshold" blank, and save.
2. Test the form submission in both "Live Preview" and "Public Site" to make sure that the logo is not displayed in the bottom right corner and you can submit the form successfully.
That's it, now you can disable it.