Custom domain names are unique links that identify your website.（eg hello.com）
You can buy a domain name for your site on sites like GoDaddy.
To connect a custom domain name to a website on STUDIO, some settings are necessary both on STUDIO and on your domain provider website.
1. STUDIO Settings
- From your project dashboard or the editor top bar, click on ‘Publish’
- Upgrade to the Publish plan
3. Click on ‘Use own domain’ and enter the domain you bought
4. Copy the A Record that shows (220.127.116.11)
5. Do domain provider settings explained below in step 2
6. Come back to STUDIO, click on ok and wait for the domain to connect.
NB: Connecting your domain may take several hours (1h-14h). Your computer doesn’t have to be on during this time frame.
7. Once the domain is connected, this screen below will show. After the domain has been connected, the process to obtain the SSL certification will start. (This will take around 10 minutes)
8. When the website is finally live and secured, this is how it will look like:
2. Domain provider settings
The domain provider is where you have bought your domain name.
1. Navigate to the domain list on your domain provider account
2. Go to your domain DNS settings page
3. Add a DNS record
- choose A as type
- enter hostname (usually www)
- paste 18.104.22.168 as ‘points to’ or ‘value’
4. Once you’re done, go back to STUDIO and carry on with the remaining steps explained above